Exhibit Your Artwork Locally
One of our member benefits is the YAA has made arrangements with various venues throughout the York area for members to exhibit their work. This enables a member artist to have greater exposure of their works to a wider audience
The Outside Exhibit locations are:
SENTRY HILL in York Julia Comeau 207.351.5973
KENNEBUNK ROOM within the York Library – Kim Myers 207.363.2818
YORK SENIOR CTR in Short Sands, York – Brenda Bracy 207.363.1036
DOVER LIBRARY IN Dover, NH – Susan Dunker 603.516.6050
It is necessary that Maryse Newton, Outside Exhibition Chair be contacted FIRST for updates, etc.
Outside Exhibit Availability
must provide at least 10 addresses for invitations.
SENTRY HILL AVAILABILITY
Jan/Feb/Mar – CLOSED
1/4 Opening Reception
April/May/June – CLOSED
Jul/Aug/Sept – AVAILABLE
7/5 Opening Reception
Oct/Nov/Dec – AVAILABLE
10/4 Opening Reception
February – AVAILABLE
November – AVAILABLE
December – AVAILABLE
KENNEBUNK ROOM AVAILABILITY
Jan/Feb – Wendy Hazen
March – Rowland Bryant
April – CLOSED
May – AVAILABLE
June – AVAILABLE
July – AVAILABLE
August – AVAILABLE
September/October – CLOSED
November – CLOSED
December – Maryse Newton
YORK SENIOR CENTER AVAILABILITY
Jan – Creda Beaulieu
Feb/March – AVAILABLE
April/May – AVAILABLE
June/July – AVAILABLE
Aug/Sept – AVAILABLE
Oct/Nov – AVAILABLE
Dec/Jan – AVAILABLE
Outside Exhibit Requirements
- MUST be a current YAA member with dues paid.
- MUST contact the outside chair, Maryse Newton
- ALL displayed pieces must be “For Sale”
- TALK to the contact at the Outside Exhibit location, where your art will be displayed, prior to the month you start.
- The “outgoing” artist removes his/her work in the morning on the last exhibiting day*.
- The “incoming” artist hangs their work in the afternoon on the last exhibiting day of the previous exhibited*.
- EACH artist should exhibit a framed artist’s statement or “bio” along with their work.
- All checks from sales of exhibited artwork, should be made payable to: “York Art Association” and then sent to the:
York Art Association
Attn: Maryse Newton
PO Box 74
York ME 03909-0074
The artist will then get reimbursed within 30 days; with 30% of the sale price going to YAA.
The space provided for hanging our artwork is FREE, please RESPECT these establishments so we may continue to have these wonderful opportunities available to us!